New Year, new you! Try these five simple New Year’s resolutions to improve your smile in 2021!
- Replace your toothbrush. Your toothbrush (or brush head for electric brushes) should be replaced about once every three months or when the bristles start to look faded or frayed. Replace it today and start fresh for the new year until April Fool’s Day!
- Brush up on your flossing routine. Don’t forget about your gum health! If traditional floss has never helped you stick with the habit, let the new year encourage you to try new things. There are many flossing alternatives like floss pics & water flossers. Once you find a tool that works for you, stick to it and floss once every day.
- Freshen up your diet with fruits and vegetables. Fitness or weight loss are common New Year’s resolutions, but a healthier diet also has positive outcomes for your oral health. Fruits and veggies contain tons of vitamins that are great for your teeth and gums. Try to cut some of your favorite sugary or starchy snacks from your diet to help prevent enamel damage or tooth decay.
- Drink more water. Put down the iced coffee and ditch the soda— your teeth will thank you. Water is great for overall health, but it also works to keep your mouth clean. Increasing your water intake will help wash away any sugar or food that can get stuck on and around your teeth.
- Be consistent and stick with the basics. Continue to brush your teeth twice a day with fluoridated toothpaste, and floss once per day. And be sure to schedule your first dentist visit of 2021!
Best of luck on your goals, and cheers to the New Year! ????